Krogerus served as pro bono adviser to the Nuutajärvi Glass Village Cultural Foundation on its acquisition of an old glass factory and its buildings from Fiskars Finland Oy. The factory is in the Nuutajärvi Glass Village located in the historic town of Nuutajärvi.
"Supporting designers and artists is an important part of the culture of our firm, so we welcome this opportunity to put our legal knowledge to use," comments partner Mika Puittinen, who advised the foundation together with counsel Teppo Vuorela.
Artists have created glassworks in the Nuutajärvi Glass Village since 1793. The decorative buildings of the village, dating back to the mid-nineteenth century, are still in active use. Glass designers and glassblowers use the old glass factory for vocational training and as exhibition space.
For more information and travel directions, please visit Nuutajärvi Glass Village.