The Finnish M&A market was busy in 2016, and the Krogerus M&A practice has further strengthened its position as a leading practice in Finland.
For several years, the practice has been one of the most active in the field, and based on league tables published by Mergermarket, Krogerus ranked once again among the top legal advisors measured in volume of M&A deals announced in Finland in 2016.
Furthermore, partner Mika Ståhlberg was the only Finnish adviser listed in the top 10 of the Nordics 2016 individual M&A legal adviser table published by Mergermarket.
“We had yet a very busy year and we are proud of having been involved in some of the most demanding transactions in the Finnish market during 2016." comments Mika Ståhlberg. "This is a good way to start 2017, and we will continue developing our services to ensure that we not only earn the trust of our clients, but exceed their expectations time and again."
Selected noteworthy assignments in 2016 include:
- Acquisition of Kevitsa mine by Boliden AB from First Quantum Minerals Limited where Krogerus acted for Boliden. This was the largest Finnish private M&A transaction in 2016.
- Acquisition of three wind parks in Finland by Allianz Capital Partners GmbH from Portofino New Energy B.V. where Krogerus acted for Allianz. This acquisition is the largest wind power transaction in Finland to date.
- Merger of Diacor and Terveystalo where Krogerus acted for Diacor and its shareholders. This was the largest Finnish healthcare transaction in 2016.
- Divestment of Forenom by Barona Group to CapMan Buyout X fund where Krogerus acted for Barona. This was the largest private equity acquisition in the Finnish market during 2016.
- Demerger of NCC Housing Sweden AB, a subsidiary of construction and property development company NCC AB, to form a newly listed company Bonava where Krogerus acted for NCC.
Source: Mergermarket M&A House League Table Q1–Q4 2016